This super-fast weeknight supper blends spice from the chicken with sweet and tangy nectarine salsa. This meal is a great summery-feeling food that you caan have any time of year.
Healthy Chicken Kabobs and Nectarine Salsa Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast halves cut into 24 (2-inch) pieces
- 2 c diced nectarine
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp splenda brown sugar
- 1/2 c diced red bell pepper
- 1 large red onion, cut into 32 (2-inch) pieces
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- cooking spray
- 1/4 c thinly sliced red onion
- Preheat broiler. Combine first 9 ingredients in a shallow dish; let stand 15 minutes.
- Thread 4 onion pieces and 3 chicken pieces alternately onto each skewer. Place skewers on broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 12 minutes or until chicken is done – turning occasionally.
- Combine nectarines, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice in a bowl. Gently stir together.
Servings: protein 3 per skewer; carbohydrates 1 per 1/4 cup
Other Recipes You May Like
recipe modified from and photo courtesy of thefoodcharlatan.com