- 4 – 4oz chicken breasts
- 1/4 c Splenda
- 1 tbsp garlic, diced
- 1/2 c light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
- 1 pkg Shiritaki orzo
- 1/2 c water
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- Put the soy sauce, water, splenda, brown sugar, ginger and garlic in a small pan and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes or until reduced.
- Trim all the visible fat from the chicken breast then make small slits down the length of each piece.
- Use the smallest casserole dish you can and still fit the chicken in a single layer.
- Pour about 1/3 of the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake 25 minutes or until chicken is starting to feel nearly firm to the touch.
- Remove foil and turn pieces over. Use a pastry brush to brush sauce all over the top side of chicken. Put back in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes more, brushing the sauce about every 5 minutes. Serve the juice and extra sauce over the top. Put back on stove and simmer for a couple minutes. Serve over shiritaki orzo.
Servings: 4 protein per breast