Enjoy a good fish dinner? Then you’ll absolutely love this recipe for swordfish. It’s a high-protein dish loaded with flavor.
Healthy Swordfish with Fresh Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 – 4oz swordfish steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 4 c assorted tomatoes (such as cherry, beefsteak and plum)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Halve the small tomatoes and cut the larger ones into 1 inch chunks. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature while you grill the fish.
- Preheat the broiler or prepare the grill. If broiling, line a broiling pan with foil and lightly oil the rack. If grilling, lightly oil the grill rack.
- Arrange the fish on the prepared broiler pan or grill. Grill or broil the fish 4 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer the fish to serving plates. Divide the tomato mixture evenly over each serving and serve right away.
Serving: 4 protein and 1 carbohydrate