- 1 apple, cored and cut crosswise into 4 even rounds (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp prepared Fitnutz
- 2 tbsp any flavor Walden Farms fruit spreads/jams (can also use sugar free versions of Palmer, Smuckers, Dickensons brands preserves/jelly)
- Brush apple slices with lemon juice to prevent browning
- Spread 1 tbsp of Fitnutz on 1 side of two apple slices (1 tbsp per slice)
- Spread 1 tbsp of fruit spread or jam on 1 side of two remaining apple slices
- Sandwich together 1 Fitnutz slice with 1 fruit spread slice and repeat
Servings: for entire recipe of 2 “sandwiches” = 1 protein serving and 1 fruit serving.
Follow us on Facebook to see when we post the latest recipes.