- 12 large, raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 6 strips turkey bacon, cut in half
- skewers (for grilling) or toothpicks (for oven)
- zest and 2 tbsp of juice from one lime
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix together in a small bowl all marinade ingredients, place all shrimp in mixture making sure each piece is well coated.
- Prepare grill on high, direct heat (if grilling) or preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Wrap a half piece of bacon around each shrimp.
- If grilling, thread each shrimp on skewers, if using oven, secure bacon on shrimp with toothpicks and place on slotted baking pan lined with foil.
- Brush shrimp with remaining marinade then grill uncovered for 5-7 minutes on each side or bake 10-14 minutes until shrimp is pink and bacon is crisp.
Servings: makes 12 pieces, weigh each for needed protein serving size
Follow us on Facebook to see when we post the latest recipes.