A tasty and healthy combination – chicken and zucchini. Yum! Skillet dinners are ideal for anyone wanting comforting food that is quick and easy to make.
Healthy Chicken and Zucchini Skillet Recipe
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 plum tomato, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c fat free chicken broth
- 6 oz low fat mozzarella cheese
- creole or cajun seasoning
- 4-4 oz boneless chicken breast
- 4 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and seasoning. Brown the chicken in the hot skillet, turning to brown both sides. Add chicken broth.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 10 minutes (less if the chicken breasts are thin).
- Add zucchini; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper; simmer, uncovered for 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with cheese slices, cover and simmer for about 1 minute longer.