- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond breeze milk
- 4 tbsp low fat grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz asparagus stalks cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 2 oz Canadian bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Position an oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat the broiler.
- Whisk the eggs, 3 tbsp of the cheese, the milk, lemon zest, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a 8 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and Canadian bacon, and cook until the asparagus is crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low, pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stirring gently to distribute the filling easily.
- Cover and cook until the bottom sets but does not get brown, about 9 minutes.
- Remove the cover; scatter the remaining cheese over the surface. Run the frittata under the broiler until the top sets and browns slightly, about 1 minute.
- Set aside for about 5 minutes before unmolding.
Serving: Protein 9 and 1/4 carbohydrate
Follow us on Facebook to see when we post the latest recipes.