- 1/4 c fat-free chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 c red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 c each of red, yellow and green bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; toss. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil; swirl. Add pork and cook for 3 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove pork from pan, keep warm.
- Heat pan over high heat, add remaining, and swirl to coat. Add onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the bell peppers and jalapeno; stir-fry for 1 minute. Return pork to pan and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in broth mixture, the remaining salt and pepper, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes. Sprinkle with cilantro. Divide into 4 equal servings.
Servings: protein 4 and carbohydrate 1/2.
Follow us on Facebook to see when we post the latest recipes.