Try this healthy meatball alternative. They pack in so much delicious flabor plus they are low-carb and healthy. These meatballs also pair great with tzatziki sauce.
Healthy Greek Meatballs Recipe
- 1/2 c onion, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp greek seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 c very finely crumbled low fat feta cheese (measure after crumbling finely with a fork)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and then use your hands to mix the ingredients.
- Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish. Shape meat into 1 tbsp size meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes after which time you will see some liquid oozing out.
- Turn meatballs and bake 10 more minutes. Turn again and bake 5-10 more minutes until meatballs are well browned and cooked through.
Yields 24 meatballs.
Servings: protein 1 serving per meatball.