Forget the unhealthy Rice a Roni, choose a healthier and tastier option with this Beefy Rice Skillet recipe.
- 1 lb very lean ground beef
- 1 c diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c diced red pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 c broccoli florets
- 1/2 c diced zucchini
- 2 c fat free beef broth
- 1/2 c diced onion
- 1 pkg Shirataki orzo
- Cook beef with salt and garlic powder in deep 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink.
- Drain and rinse shirataki orzo in colander.
- Add all ingredients to skillet. Stir to continue.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 more minutes or until mixture is of desired consistency.
- Divide into 6 even servings.
Servings: protein 2 1/2 and carbohydrate 1/2.
Follow us on Facebook to see when we post the latest recipes.