Forget the unhealthy Rice a Roni, choose a healthier and tastier option with this Beefy Rice Skillet recipe. It only has a few ingredients and doesn’t take long to make which makes it a great option for any night of the week. One of the best parts is that this beefy rice skillet recipe actually has zero rice in it. By using the Konjac shirataki orzo instead you get the same results as using rice BUT without all the carbs! This makes an ideal recipe for anyone doing a low-carb diet, eating healthy and/or trying to lose weight.
Healthy Beefy “Rice” Skillet Recipe
- 1 lb very lean ground beef
- 1 c diced tomatoes
- 1/2 c diced red pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 c broccoli florets
- 1/2 c diced zucchini
- 2 c fat free beef broth
- 1/2 c diced onion
- 1 pkg Shirataki orzo
- Cook beef with salt and garlic powder in deep 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink.
- Drain and rinse shirataki orzo in colander.
- Add all ingredients to skillet. Stir to continue.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 more minutes or until mixture is of desired consistency.
- Divide into 6 even servings.
Servings: protein 2 1/2 and carbohydrate 1/2.