- 3 medium zucchini, cut in halved and hollowed out
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 6 Tbsp. grated parmesan
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 C. drained canned diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- A few fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 450°. Arrange zucchini on baking sheet, cut side down; Coat with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Roast until softened, about 10-15 min.
2. Meanwhile, salt eggplant and let it sweat on a kitchen towel for a few min. Add olive oil to skillet over medium-high heat, add onion, garlic, red pepper, thyme, and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring for 5 min. Add eggplant, partially cover and cook for 10-12 min. Stir in diced tomatoes.
3. Remove zucchini from oven and fill with vegetables. Sprinkle with grated cheese, top with sliced mozzarella. Garnish with halved tomato. Return to oven and baked until cheese browns (5-8min).
Makes 6 servings. Each serving =1 P, 1.5 Veg.
Follow us on Facebook to see when we post the latest recipes.