A healthier form of pizza? Yes, you read that right. We have a healthy version of pizza that is not only healthy but tastes great. Serving ratatouille inside hollowed out zucchini is surprisingly easy plus it saves on clean-up since you can eat the bowl along with the ratatouille.
Healthy Ratatouille Stuffed Zucchini Pizza Recipe
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in halved and hollowed out
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 6 Tbsp. grated parmesan
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 C. drained canned diced tomatoes
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- A few fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450°. Arrange zucchini on baking sheet, cut side down; Coat with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Roast until softened, about 10-15 min.
- Meanwhile, salt eggplant and let it sweat on a kitchen towel for a few min. Add olive oil to skillet over medium-high heat, add onion, garlic, red pepper, thyme, and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring for 5 min. Add eggplant, partially cover and cook for 10-12 min. Stir in diced tomatoes.
- Remove zucchini from oven and fill with vegetables. Sprinkle with grated cheese, top with sliced mozzarella. Garnish with halved tomato. Return to oven and baked until cheese browns (5-8min).
Makes 6 servings. Each serving =1 P, 1.5 Veg.