This Zone friendly recipe serves 4.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus 1 tablespoon for apple
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 heads (medium) Belgian endive lettuce (trim base, cut into 1/4 inch rounds)
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bunch Arugula or watercress, rinsed, patted dry, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small head radicchio, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup Mandarin oranges (canned, drained)
- 4 oz Alpine Lace Swiss Cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado – cut into 1/2 inch cubes
In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 4 tablespoons olive oil, shallot, salt and pepper. Set aside. In a large bowl, place endive and apple. Toss with 1 tablespoon lemon juice to prevent browning. Next add remaining ingredients. Just before serving, toss with dressing.