Take advantage of the beautiful Orlando weather and boost your weight loss efforts by taking your exercise routine outside.
In the state of eternal sunshine, Orlando is the perfect place to enjoy year-round outdoor activities such as beach volleyball, canoeing, paddleboarding, soccer, tennis, running, biking, hiking, kayaking and more.
Research shows that exercising outdoors can not only be more satisfying but also help you burn more calories. Outdoor workouts can seriously tone your body while feeling more like a good time than a dull workout.
Try some of the following great outdoor activities to help you boost your loses on the scale.
- Beach Volleyball. This sport is great for building a bikini body through quick sprints, lunges and squats. Running on the sand uses significantly more energy then running on a firm surface so you’ll be burning even more calories.
- Stand Up Paddleboarding. Paddleboarding utilizes muscles from your shoulders to your calves in order to keep you stabilized on the floating board. Paddling helps to sculpt some great arm muscles and having to stabilize on a floating board keeps your core muscles working.
- Tennis . Playing regularly helps improve bone health, metabolism and agility while reducing stress. Not to mention it is a great way to burn extra calories while getting your daily dosage of vitamin D.
- Trail Running. Tired of logging your runs on a boring treadmill? Try trail running. It is way more mentally, physically and visually stimulating.
- Kayaking. Ideal if you are looking for a killer upper-body workout. With each paddle you are working your arms, shoulders, back, chest and entire core.
This summer, move your workout regimen outside to sculpt your idea beach body. You’ll burn more calories while having a great time.
Check out May’s issue of Women’s Health magazine, “Train Outside” to learn more about how to do each one of the activities listed above.
And if you’d like more information on how to sculpt your ideal beach body, make smarter food choices and lose weight, contact Calla Slimspa today!
We’ve helped thousands of local Orlando residents lose weight and keep it off with our medically supervised weight loss program. But don’t take our word, check out our real patient weight loss success stories .
Source: Women’s Health magazine, May 2014.