Just because you are eating healthy doesn’t mean you can’t “trick” your body into believing it is indulging. If you’re in need of an ice cream fix or just look for a sweet treat to satiate your sweet tooth, the Calla Oopsie Roll Chocolate “Ice Cream” Sandwich is your solution. It tastes as great as the real thing but you don’t have to feel guilty afterwards.
- 3 large eggs (room temperature, separated)
- 16 packets of Splenda (1 packet = about 1/4 tsp)
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 ounces of fat free cream cheese (cold)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small glass or stainless steel bowl, mix egg whites and cream of tartar for about 3-5 minutes or until stiff and dry . (The egg whites should look/feel like meringue.)
- In a separate bowl, mix Splenda, salt, cocoa and cream cheese with the yolks. ** Optional: add desired flavor(s) to the yolk mixture.
- Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture 1/3 at a time into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or use parchment paper. Spoon the mixture on the sheet, making six mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.
- Bake about 35 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, then remove to a rack and allow them to cool completely. Once cooled you can put reddi-whip sugar free in between two rolls and freeze with press and seal paper.
Recipe yields 6 Chocolate Calla Oopsie Rolls.