Tired of eating the same old boxed cereal, egg whites or dried toast for breakfast? Switch it up with these delectable and healthy Breakfast Quiches.
Breakfast Quiche Recipe
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites (or substitute 1 cup egg white and 1 whole egg)
- 2 oz. skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups portabella or button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 6 macadamia nuts, crushed
- basil, to taste
- parsley, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 apples, sprinkled with cinnamon
- Use non-stick mini bread loaf pans or coat each with a small amount of vegetable spray.
- Layer vegetables in two mini bread loaf pans.
- Layer half of the cheese on top of each loaf. Beat eggs and add seasonings.
- Pour one half of the eggs over each pan and sprinkle with macadamia nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown on top.